December 18, 2020
What a year! GlasCurtain Managing Director Peter Dushenski thought he’d never have to use his degrees in Immunology & Infection and Public Health again, and then along came, well, you know… turns out there’s no such thing as a wasted education! But seriously, there was a huge amount of economic and human sacrifice this year, and we can’t thank you all enough for your positivity through it all. Everyone we interacted with was full of hope, just as we are, and for that we’re very grateful. We’re energized by all of you, as well as by our meaningful work this year, including an impressive number of completed projects, a very exciting project pipeline, and several new R&D projects. To quickly recap our year:
- Launched new video series
- Launched ThermVIG (now Thermaframe 8), the first fibreglass-framed curtain wall system to leverage R18 Vacuum Insulated Glass (VIG)
- Nominated for DETAIL Product Prize 2020
- Finalist for JEC World 2020 Innovation Award
- Added 19 new Installation Partners, more than doubling our glazier network
- Refreshed our website
- Completed our first industrial application of Therm, also our first project in BC, with TKA+D
- Secured our first project with a federal government client, also our second project in BC, with KMBR
- Completed installation on our first project in Yukon with Manasc Isaac
- Completed one First Nations project and one Métis Nation project in Northern Alberta with Manasc Isaac
- Completed our first Fire Hall project with Group2
- Completed our first Zoom Lunch & Learns (they worked pretty well!)
Not bad for a 10-year-old company that’s celebrating its seventh year of commercialization, in the midst of COVID no less!
To all of you with whom we shared ideas, discussed projects, and built long-lasting relationships, thank you so much for a very memorable year. What a way to start a new decade!
Wishing you all a peaceful Christmas and Happy New Years, and we’ll see you in 2021!
Photo credits: Cooper + O’Hara, GlasCurtain